Lonely Planet: How to be a Travel Writer, 4th Ed.
- Regular price $24.99
Bursting with invaluable advice, this inspiring and practical guide, fully revised and updated in this new edition, is a must for anyone who yearns to write about travel - whether they aspire to make their living from it or simply enjoy jotting in a journal for posterity.
You don't have to make money to profit from travel writing. Sometimes, the richest rewards are in the currency of experience.How to be a Travel Writer reveals the varied possibilities that travel writing offers and inspires all travellers to take advantage of those opportunities. That's where the journey begins - where it takes you is up to you.
Let legendary travel writer Don George show you the way with his invaluable tips on:
- The secrets of crafting a great travel story
- How to conduct pre-trip and on-the-road research
- Effective interviewing techniques
- How to get your name in print (and money in your bank account)
- Quirks of writing for newspapers, magazines, online and books
- Extensive listings of writers' resources and industry organisations
- Interviews with established writers, editors and agents